Piers of Tuzla shipyards area
Being operated for the purpose of generating a solution for the needs of the shipyards located in the Tuzla Shipyards Zone regarding the importation of the shipbuilding materials by sea, on a common platform, the GİSAŞ wharf is one of the most important advantages of the shipyards operating in the area.
The reason is that the cargo transportation, which the principal element of importation, starts and ends with a port.
The wharf with a pier length of 200 m. in total in order to meet the requirements of the shipyards zone allows mooring of the vessels up to 8.000 DWT.
Total number of piers: 2,
Total pier length: 200 meters
No.1 pier: 100 meters, draft: 8,6-9,0 meters
No.2 pier: 100 meters, draft: 8,6-9,2 meters
Total outdoors storage area: 6.200 m²
- The “International Ship and Port Safety” rules (I.S.P.S. Code) imposed by the International Maritime Organization (I.M.O.) to the entire world and certified by the R.T. Undersecretariat of Maritime Affairs, are used in our port
- Seawater valves for fire fighting are installed with 50 m. intervals in the port.
- A generator unit that supports the transformer in the wharf.
- ISO 9001 Quality Management System, ISO 14001 Environmental Management System and OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System is applied in the port area, which is certified by the Turkish Lloyd Economical Establishment. All the personnel is trained for emergencies (fire, earthquake, flood etc.) and all the equipment for intervention are provided.
- A vehicle is kept on standby for 24 hours in the port to be used for emergencies.
- An 80-ton electronic weigh-bridge is provided in the port premises.